Updated: Sep 21, 2020
I would like to emphasise that I am "standing on the shoulders of giants" and I would also like to express my immense gratitude to all the trauma specialists who have published their insights so proliferously and thereby enabled me to understand myself more which means I can now better help my clients. Please find below some of the wonderful books written on trauma by some great people, in no particular order:
· Bessel van der Kolk: The Body keeps the Score, 2014.
· Benjamin Fry: The invisible Lion, 2019. (This one has a 28-day recovery plan in the back).
· Janina Fisher: Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors. 2017.
· Babette Rothschild: 8 Keys to safe Trauma Recovery. 2010. (This one has exercises for the reader to do).
· Peter A. Levine: Waking the Tiger. Healing Trauma. 1997.
· Shaeri Richards: Dancing with your Dragon. The Art of Loving your Unlovable Self. 2011. (This is fairly spiritual, in case you are that way inclined).